Friday, February 23, 2018

“The first time I saw you,



I knew...” and he paused.. He gasped for air & tried to contiue..

“I knew I’d be forever yours.. I knew if you’d bless me with your grace & be mine, I’d rule the world.. My world! Because then and only then, I’d be complete..”

She stood there speechless, not knowing what to say.. She looked down & saw his muddy boots & heard his heartbeats louder than hers..

Breaking the silence he said: “Will you hear me out? I only need a few minutes, please?”

She nodded with a faint smile..

“You were five and I was eight.. I didn’t know what love & those butterflies felt like, but I surely felt a tickle in my heart..

When you were a little girl, you were always the odd one out.. Whenever you entered a room, light would reach its corners.. Girls were looking up to you with a little bit of jealousy sometimes, jealousy that you never noticed.. No one was ever as dazzling as you..

You are always exceptional in all your ways.. From the way you smiled to the way you cried.. You were the only girl to reach them tree branches when swinging on our old wooden swing, remember? Nothing was ever too high for you to reach..

When I cried over my puppy you said: “I’ll be your puppy” & followed me for two days.. You  magically made it easier & managed as always to put a smile on my face!

Growing older did nothing but add beauty to your beauty.. Beauty that no words would define..

Remember that day you saw me in the hospital with a broken rib? It wasn’t a silly fight like they told you, it was me showing that knight wannabe that you were only mine.. He wanted to come and propose to you that evening.. He wanted to have you.. Be your man.. No one else can be your man!

No one will love you like I do.. My broken rib didn’t hurt as much as knowing anyone else can have you other than me.. The thought of it drives me crazy..

Your tenderness & care,
your love for all with no despair..
See the poet that you brought out of me?”

She managed to answer softly: “I need to go, I can’t be late..”

“Only a few moments please.. Please..

You see, the sky, the trees & these very streets witnessed your love grow in my heart & have waited for this moment to come, so give them a chance to be happy, will you? Don’t let them laugh at me :)

Not only are you a special princess, you are the daughter of the two greatest parents anyone could have.. They knew how to raise you to become the most phenomenal young lady anyone would die to have..

You see I don’t have much to offer you.. I can’t buy you the house or the ride that you deserve.. I can only be your home.. Home of peace & light..

All I have is a loving heart that has been yours, long before I even knew.. I promise to protect you from any harm, to guard you with all that I have.. All that I am..

Make me whole!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ana Moudou :)

My name is Mohamed. I was born on March 1st, 2022. Its been a tough ride. I had lots of pictures taken when I was in there. First they said ...