Tuesday, April 18, 2017

reNember?

reNember & Nemories

Two of the few words that Z says cutely :) I wish she doesn't outgrow them!

If I ask you to choose one scent to surround you all through your days, which would you pick? I'd definitely go for DOWNY! It's home, it's mommy, it's cleanliness and love!


We make our own nemories, we shape and frame them.. And we can also choose what to renember and what not to renember.. Forgetting is a blessing too..

However, not all people have the luxury of having good nemories, nor do they have the ability for forgetting bad ones, especially if they are a lot..

*sighs*

Z and I and a couple of other girls have been to an orphanage recently, and it was very difficult.. The girls tried to reach out and play with the orphan girls, and that was hard to do! Half the girls there didn't want to see us and stayed in their rooms.. After we left, Z's comment was: "they are harsh mommy"! They were definitely very rough in communicating and were so guarded.. You could see a scar here and there on every girl, and can't help but wonder where they came from! And how many inner scars each one holds!

I'm so against visiting an orphanage occasionally, you either do it regularly, or just drop off whatever stuff you think they might need, and go.. It's very hard for them to be so exposed; just for wealthy people trying to stir some of their buried feelings; by visiting less fortunate people..

All my life, I had the fear, a phobia, of being an orphan, and pray day and night not to be one..

A little girl there, around seven years old, told me that Z looks cute and that she loved what she was wearing and her hairdo, and then asked me if I was her mom, and all I could do was weep! How can I ease this little girl's pains? How can I grant her what she doesn't have?

Another girl sat next to me and kept on putting her head in my chest and arm around me!

Those girls' faces will be engraved in my and Z's nemories forever..

*sighs*

Growing up, we had family friends, whom in a million years, I wouldn't have known that one of their daughters was adopted. She even somehow looked like her adoptive parents. Why adopted? After years of their marriage, they weren't granted any children, so they adopted O. Years later, Allah granted them a biological daughter. Never did they ever differentiate between them, but society did! When it was time for O to get married, my oh my, did she suffer.

Not only orphans in orphanages suffer..


"Hush little baby, pure and small,
He created you, He created us all..
Hush little baby don't you fear,
We're never alone, when Allah's so near..
Hush little baby, breathing so calm,
He'll protect us all, and Keep us from harm..
Hush little baby, still and serene,
You are a Muslim, Islam is your deen.."
~ Zain Bhikha ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ana Moudou :)

My name is Mohamed. I was born on March 1st, 2022. Its been a tough ride. I had lots of pictures taken when I was in there. First they said ...