Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Being A Muslima?



You ask me what it’s like to be a Muslima? Well well well.. I won’t preach, promise.. I’ll only try to  answer your question :)

I remember this interesting conversation I had with this young man, years younger than me, during a break we had from a first aid class..

He was confused when I refused to participate in practicing with guys in the class.. I tried to explain to him that our bodies are very private & that we can’t bend & show guys our curves, or even more touch any man..

He said that we should always fulfill our instinctive needs & enjoy our youth.. He proudly stated that he dates women all the time, & that he might have kids he doesn’t know off!

It was heartbreaking.

You ask me about Islam? Well it’s what differentiates between us and animals..

It’s submitting with each & evey cell in you to The Lord of the worlds.. To every command & choosing to fight yourself in pleasing Him Who Created you, than pleasing yourself.. It’s a continous elevation of one’s soul, heart, mind & body..

Being a Muslima has always been a pride.. Wherever I went, worked & whoever I met always knew I’m a Muslima because of my veil.. That always added a responsibility.. Made me insist on bringing out the best of me..

Unlike guys, who all have beards now, you can’t tell who’s who.. But for us women (who wear their hijab) we stand out ;)

I always tell my daughter that I’m proud of her because she’s the best Muslima ever.. Until she believed it.. I always ask her, what would a good Muslim girl do? And we then talk.. (Don’t forget baby, deal?)

...

Being a Muslima means I can’t lie.. About the smallest to the biggest things.. I can’t delude my kitty to come to me for a treat, while not having any in my hand..

I have to be kind, even when I don’t feel like it.. I can’t seek revenge for myself.. I can’t talk bad behind anyone’s back.. And if I do, I should repent & make it up for them..

Being a Muslima means I have to be humble all the time.. I can’t give money to the needy with my hand being on top of theirs..

Being a Muslima means I don’t compare myself to those in a better situation than the one I’m in, but rather those going through difficult times.. It’s always feeling for the helpless.. For the broken, the orphans, the sick, the wounded...

Being a Muslima means I either say something nice, or nothing at all.. I speak the truth & only the truth..

It means I am thankful all the time.. At times of joy & pain.. Do my best while counting on Him & only Him.. Knowing that He Is The Most Just.

Being a Muslima means my beauty is mine, & not for the world to enjoy.. I keep it for one man, only one..

Being a Muslima gives me freedom.. Freedom in many ways..

I’m free when I choose to not let you touch me.. I’m free when I choose to not let you see my beauty .. I’m free when I choose to not let you disrespect me..

I’m free when I get married & make a wrong choice, to leave & get divorced.. A lawful divorce that grants a lot of women a breeze of fresh air..

It means I have to respect others & be respected...

It means that I’m a precious beautiful pearl & should be always protected by my shell..

Being a Muslima is the best thing that could happen to any woman..

Alhamdulillah!

I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ana Moudou :)

My name is Mohamed. I was born on March 1st, 2022. Its been a tough ride. I had lots of pictures taken when I was in there. First they said ...